Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Things which need adding/improving, in my opinion ONLY
hey there, so there's some things which I believe, if added, will make this server more fun than it already is :D
let's begin:

1. How about houses? A house would be locked to a certain player's entry (in this case, the owner of the house) house prices would range from $100m to $2.5bn? I don't know so much about this economy so bear with me, houses would allow players to have a permanent spawn every time they die which is the key here, since they pay so much money, a permanent spawn point has to be a perk, right? Another feature of the houses could be another place to run/hide, since I love running, I'll enlarge the size of the text, why not? Finally, houses could have a 'spawn vehicle' which is parked outside the whole "I have a house and a car" thing. I understand the controversy with adding such a feature, since this server is DM/Freeroam, however, a long standing old server, which stuck to the 'Hard DM only' server has been suffering, imo, in terms of player count, until they updated, added houses, and still stuck by the DM, so I repeat, adding houses will not 'soften' or 'revolutionise' the server, it will merely make cash more investable, and there'll be more things to do, e.g. buy furniture decorations for your house (something to do when the server is empty or whatever)

2. Another feature, a /specialshop this could have features which are temporary, for the session the player is in (so if they leave for 10 minutes, poof) we could have things like spawn armour, high jump (nothing too stupid) and a vehicle jump thing (again, nothing to silly, small perks) this would be priced accordingly to the current server economy, which I'm not entirely familiar with. Add nothing too OP, but something to have fun with would be awesome.

3. Another feature could be a Personal Vehicle, I know, once again, people will cry "rp omg rp" but, a personal vehicle is essentially the same as /nrg or /inf, but it's something which is paid for, has a custom colour, and a label which says 'Player's Vehicle' e.g. Huracan's Vehicle, just another thing to spend cash on I guess :D

4. How about adding permanent gangs? It's kinda annoying having to remake the gang everytime, if we added permanent gangs, they'd be a potential increase in clan/gang activity > higher player count for a while. 

- I'll back with some more suggestions in a while
Thank you for these great ideas! Let me respond to each of your suggestions.

1. Housing

I would personally very much like to see a housing system on the server, but I haven't yet made my mind up about what it should look like. There are many difficult questions to answer in order to create for a high-fidelity feature: how expensive is a house, does this depend on its location, what do we do with houses of idle players, do they always become your spawn position, can players decorate their houses, can players make money off a house, etcetera.

Does anyone have examples of servers where they have a housing system that they like?

2. Temporary perks

I believe players can purchase spawn armour at Ammunation already. Regarding high jump and vehicle jump, I like these ideas, especially the latter. It would be too hard to implement, yet I can imagine the excessive low-rider effect to be a lot of fun, especially during cruises.

I guess one way to do this is to introduce some sort of "fun shop" with physical stalls around the map. We could build one next to the ship.

3. Personal vehicle

Can I interpret your proposal as allowing players to tune their vehicle, save said vehicle and spawn it on demand again, in the same fashion as /nrg and /inf work? That's a cool idea!

4. Permanent gangs

Yes, we need this. I've been slacking off on this for a while because I'd like it to be well integrated with the website and statistics, and I'd like to separate the idea of a group from the idea of a gang. Some ideas have been written down here.

To clarify, in my mind a player can be in any number of groups— "Players from Britain", "Classical Music Lovers", "Developers", but only in a single gang which is ranked by their performance. On the website this would get its own section, with aggregated statistics for each of these groups.

This, also, has some interesting questions. What if the gang leader goes inactive? Should we tie it up with some turf ownership/gang zone system? How should crew deal with disagreements within a gang?

I'd love further thoughts on this :).
(04-26-2016, 09:30 PM)Russell Wrote: Thank you for these great ideas! Let me respond to each of your suggestions.

1. Housing

I would personally very much like to see a housing system on the server, but I haven't yet made my mind up about what it should look like. There are many difficult questions to answer in order to create for a high-fidelity feature: how expensive is a house, does this depend on its location, what do we do with houses of idle players, do they always become your spawn position, can players decorate their houses, can players make money off a house, etcetera.

Does anyone have examples of servers where they have a housing system that they like?

2. Temporary perks

I believe players can purchase spawn armour at Ammunation already. Regarding high jump and vehicle jump, I like these ideas, especially the latter. It would be too hard to implement, yet I can imagine the excessive low-rider effect to be a lot of fun, especially during cruises.

I guess one way to do this is to introduce some sort of "fun shop" with physical stalls around the map. We could build one next to the ship.

3. Personal vehicle

Can I interpret your proposal as allowing players to tune their vehicle, save said vehicle and spawn it on demand again, in the same fashion as /nrg and /inf work? That's a cool idea!

4. Permanent gangs

Yes, we need this. I've been slacking off on this for a while because I'd like it to be well integrated with the website and statistics, and I'd like to separate the idea of a group from the idea of a gang. Some ideas have been written down here.

To clarify, in my mind a player can be in any number of groups— "Players from Britain", "Classical Music Lovers", "Developers", but only in a single gang which is ranked by their performance. On the website this would get its own section, with aggregated statistics for each of these groups.

This, also, has some interesting questions. What if the gang leader goes inactive? Should we tie it up with some turf ownership/gang zone system? How should crew deal with disagreements within a gang?

I'd love further thoughts on this :).
Firstly I'd like to say thanks for your hearty reply and your supportive manner.
Regarding point 1. clusters of houses would be created around the map, by admins, who see appropiate places. Furthermore, interiors would be basic, house owners would have the option of changing their house interior to cooler stuff, e.g. Madd Doggs Mansion, or Jizzy's Pleasure Domes, this is definitely a must. Ofc the interiors would cost an extra, however much the economy needs improving by, amount of cash. Furthermore, I'm hoping members can request an admin to 'create' a house in a location of their choice (as long as it's not ridiculous) and they would do this through a forum thread to keep order. With this custom, created house would come a fee, yet to be decided but again, probably something extortionate. Tomorrow I shall provide you with screenshots of what the perfect housing system would look like as I'm unable to get on my laptop for a short while.

With point 2. I guess we're pretty clear so I won't clarify any further from my side.

Point 3. Yeah, exactly, but there would be a COST associated with this, to ensure players have something to spend money on!

Point 4. I'm sure you know that gangs are the foundation here, if the leader goes inactive, that's the gangs problem, the same goes for disagreements, if they want to disband the group, or have the co-leader take charge, they may do so. After all, the only thing the gang will do is talk in the gang chat together (prefix undecided at this moment in time) and perhaps have a gang base in the future, where all the members own a house, but let's save clan/gang bases for future developments, ay? ;D
Once again, I'm glad my ideas have received a worthy reply, I hope we can keep discussing potentially great ideas and tweak a few to give this server the edge!
Thank you.
(04-26-2016, 07:53 PM)Huracan Wrote: Another feature of the houses could be another place to run/hide, since I love running
As far as i know running into interiors during a fight to avoid death is forbidden and a bannable offense. Why would houses be an exception for that rule? I'm also expecting houses to appear asap but I'm completely against people to abuse this feature.

Also i find it kinda ironic that you're talking about these features 'not softening' the server but also suggesting stuff that makes people avoiding deathmatch in a deathmatch based server...
Just my opinion :>
(04-26-2016, 10:00 PM)SimpleX Wrote:
(04-26-2016, 07:53 PM)Huracan Wrote: Another feature of the houses could be another place to run/hide, since I love running
As far as i know running into interiors during a fight to avoid death is forbidden and a bannable offense. Why would houses be an exception for that rule? I'm also expecting houses to appear asap but I'm completely against people to abuse this feature.

Also i find it kinda ironic that you're talking about these features 'not softening' the server but also suggesting stuff that makes people avoiding deathmatch in a deathmatch based server...
Just my opinion :>
Hey there, appreciate the response! I think you're forgetting the whole point of street DMing is running, shooting, running, refilling, shooting again, unless you go to the fightclub. I believe it's only a death evade if a dirty method is used to escape (lagging yourself out, fake car entry etc) I don't see anything wrong with running from a fight, perhaps this rule could be given some flexibillity or abolishment? I don't know, we'll see ;D
EDIT, perhaps we could have a ship style setting? If you've recently been involved in a gun fight, you won't be able to enter your house for x amount of seconds. I believe this could combat your worries.
Oh and I've just bloody realised I'm replying from my other account :p. Apologies for any confusion caused.
I just pointed it out that kind of usage of interiors is disallowed in the server. As you said let's see if management will make an exception in this rule for houses. Altough i don't like that way of playing there's no problem for me unless it's against the server rules. <;
(04-26-2016, 09:30 PM)Russell Wrote: Does anyone have examples of servers where they have a housing system that they like?

I've seen some houses with weapon/armour/hp pickups (LW for an example has HP/armour pickups), it's pretty cool to have refill points in-there imo. Also if we could be able to give a permissions only to a certain players so they can visit our house.

I don't like the idea of setting it as a spawn point. #more ppl on the streets!
Here we are: as promised, the house system!
[Image: vlSYUCy.jpg]
[Image: WUtp1Jn.jpg]
an example of some decorations :D
[Image: v3eBfTq.jpg]

ALSO, an example of this 'fun stall' or a special, temporary perks shop
[Image: dbSz7ek.png]
Why are you posting pictures from another server here?
(04-28-2016, 01:59 PM)CrossBones Wrote: Why are you posting pictures from another server here?

why do you care anyways its a good idea  :?