Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Poll: After a certain number of times of Ship killing should the player be banned?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
48.15%
13 48.15%
No
51.85%
14 51.85%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Ship killings
Personally, I think people who kill people on the ship are kind of cowards. Otherwise they'd wait to see the person off the ship so it would be a fair fight, because usually the other person wont fight back because they dont want to go to jail.

So I think after a person has been jailed 5 times for ship killing then the next time should be an IP ban. I think five times is a fair number, maybe thats to lax?

What do you think?
First of all, after the next update people on the ship won't have any weapons. I expect to see quite a decrease of ship kills.
About banning people: This is much too heavy for ship kills. After the next update admins and mods can also see the number of shipkills of each player. Imo a player could get kicked after, let's say, 3 or 4 ship kills.
A ban is definately too harsh for ship killing. A kick after several ship kills seems fair, but after the next update it will probably no ship kills but a lot of ship fighting.

(08-08-2007, 07:18 PM)Badeend link Wrote: After the next update admins and mods can also see the number of shipkills of each player.

And somehow the public knows about this before us :P
Kick after 3. Three kicks ban for 3 days. Basically, 3 strikes and you're out. :)
Wow, I have a really different opinion. I think that if someone is ship-killing, they obviously did it because they aren't afraid of the consequences, just a jail or kick. It's VERY rarely that people do it because they didn't know. If they shipkill, they need to be taught that it's not right, and they will be punished for it. If they don't stop after being jailed; they're probably just going to keep on doing it.
tomozj's suggestion would be the best because when you take like 5 shipkills after kick and 5 kicks after ban..people will defenitly stop at about 3-4 kicks
The best thing to do would be to set a number of strikes, and then not tell them how many. They could just do it twice because they know they'll only be punished severely if they do it one more time.
Well getting kicked from the server many times might be enough. I sure as heck know its annoying as hell!
The thing is they....always... come.. back. I ask myself what is the point in killing someone on the ship, because they don't get your money or anything and they get their stuff taken away plus go to jail. So I'm not getting the point in that, really.

I think if after a number of strikes and your out would seriously make it stop. I can't wait till the weapons will be removed, but see then they'd just beat you to death.  Which is usually the way I die on there alot anyway. When they start wailing on you its like you're paralized for a minute and you have to struggle to break free.

Anyway, lookin forward to the changes. Thanks for your time in all this.

Rainedrop
Why not just give everyone on the ship temporary invulnerability? We'd have no ship killing, and no need to punish ship killers. If someone shoots someone else on the ship, they go to jail. Simple as pie.
Ok, so the weapons get temporarily removed while on the ship. I like the idea. But what will be done about people shooting people who are on the ship while not being on the ship them selves?