Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[suggestion] Make your rules 100% clear
Well the rules that are already stated are clear. But theres things i get yelled at that arent stated ANYWHERE in the rules. One of them, _Katie_, said I am not allowed to buy then sell then buy properties because it jacks the price up. I type in /rules and I dont see a word about it. Another one, I used a ramp to jump over the boat and i get jailed by _Katie_ (again). Also, does it say that swearing is NOT allowed in the rules? I didnt see it. Please make what you want in the rules 100% clear. Im tired of admins making it up as they go, tbh.
She is right about the property buy/sell thing as it is a way of spamming the chat and indeed makes the prizes skyhigh. The second point about ramping over the ship is just one of your familiar ways to bend up the rules to your own ways, but as long as you dont hit the ship I dont think  its something to be jailed for. And swearing... it isn't in the rules indeed, but excessive swearing and swearing with serious diseases is still not appreciated.

Now to your point about making the rules 100% clear. If we needed to put all the rules, even the simplest like dont crash the server or dont spam the chat in, it would be pages long and no one would read it, or be able to read it as the chat covers it again after a few seconds. Just use your brain on what you think is appreciated/allowed and act nice, you can be sure you will have no problems with any admin/mod anymore then.
I have one rule for you:

Use your common sense

The server is called LVP-Playground, ever wondered why? It is a place to play and have fun. Ofcourse we can make a dozen of rules for every retard to play exactly by the rules. But unfortunately nobody wants to read and remember 20 rules, therefore we decided to create new and simple rules which take just a couple of seconds to read.

Combine these rules with your common sense and have fun at the server.

Deaken out.
It isn't in the rules, but is a way to search the boundaries of the LVP crew. Some admins/mods don't say a word about these things and some will...imo swearing is allowed but in a common way, sometimes it gets to rude and i call it a stop. Jumping over the boat with ramping is fine imo, but as long as you don't hit the boat. Because vihicles just aren't allowed on the ship...

and my thought about it is, just enjoy playing and don't go exploring the boundaries to much...

greetz,

Jerico
(07-05-2007, 07:39 AM)HaZe link Wrote: Well the rules that are already stated are clear. But theres things i get yelled at that arent stated ANYWHERE in the rules. One of them, _Katie_, said I am not allowed to buy then sell then buy properties because it jacks the price up. I type in /rules and I dont see a word about it (spaming). Another one, I used a ramp to jump over the boat and i get jailed by _Katie_ (again) (it's the same as driving cars into the ramp). Also, does it say that swearing is NOT allowed in the rules? (i see it a lot of times in admin messages I didnt see it. Please make what you want in the rules 100% clear. Im tired of admins making it up as they go, tbh.
(07-05-2007, 07:39 AM)HaZe link Wrote: Well the rules that are already stated are clear. But theres things i get yelled at that arent stated ANYWHERE in the rules. One of them, _Katie_, said I am not allowed to buy then sell then buy properties because it jacks the price up. I type in /rules and I dont see a word about it. Another one, I used a ramp to jump over the boat and i get jailed by _Katie_ (again). Also, does it say that swearing is NOT allowed in the rules? I didnt see it. Please make what you want in the rules 100% clear. Im tired of admins making it up as they go, tbh.

Haze... The first issue has already been addressed, so I won't comment further on that. 

Second, I'm not the one who jailed you for jumping the ship.  I'm not the only one that gets tired of your rule bending. 

Third, the swearing.  I think in the old rules (before they were recently simplified), there was a line about not using "bad words".  The reason I come down so hard on swearing, the "f" word in particular, is because whenever I go to the other servers, especially the popular ones, the language on there is unbelievable.  What worries me is that many of those players are very young.  We have several here around 12 years old.  I cringe when I hear language like that, and I cringe even more when I realize it's being read by a 12 year old.  And yes, I know half the time it's actually being said by a 12 year old, and that's the worst part.  Don't give me any of that garbage about it being rated "mature" either.  We all know that means that people under 18 shouldn't be playing it.  They are.  The other option would be to require age verification and ban anyone under 18.  Do you want this?  I didn't think so. 

I just don't want to see LVP chat getting like I see on the other big servers.  I personally feel that the more civilized language and behavior on LVP is one of it's draws.  There is very little serious trash-talking and flaming on LVP, especially compared to the other servers, and many players like it that way.  If you start letting in limited use of swearing, then arguments start over when it can or cannot be said.  And yes, I know there is a difference between "oh fuck", and "fuck you".  My solution is to not let the words be used at all.  Period.  Saves lots of fighting.  There are 200,000 words in the English language.  I'm only asking that 2 or 3 of them not be used.  If you can't make your point without advanced swearing, then you should spend less time on here, and more time in English class. 

I know that some crew members aren't as tough on this as I am, and if I'm asked to back off a bit, I will, just so we will all be even.  However, if it's decided that it's up to the admin who's on at the time, I'll continue to warn those who don't know, and mute those who do know better. 

Katie  :w

Katie's post makes it all pretty clear, doesn't it?

[Image: locked.gif]