Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

MotoGP's Simoncelli
Any MotoGP fans around here? If so then I'm assuming you've all witnessed the horrible accident that happened today.

Marco Simoncelli - Colin Edwards Crash in Sepang - Malaysia 2011...R.I.P. Marco!

For those with age restrictions:

Marco Simoncelli Crash Malaysian GP 2011

Yet another tragedy on the list...

RIP Simoncelli.
After watching the videos you provided I don't even want to consider myself as a MotoGP fan.

..ever
R.I.P. Sic
I've been following some MotoGP for a few years. To be honest, I wasn't a great fan of him, but I really hate the fact he died this way.

R.I.P. Marco
Wowzers O_O I watched it for little bit today and flicked over to watch something else, R.I.P Marco
I'm a Rossi fan at heart (ever since he stepped foot in the 500cc turned MotoGP class) but Simoncelli was a rookie and was exciting to watch. I've been less interested in MotoGP in general since around 2008 but still happened to watch a few races. It's too bad. At least he wasn't such an egotistical fuck like the likes of Lorenzo and Stoner.
That was a really horrific crash. R.I.P Simoncelli
Not trolling or anything, but what is it that you guys find appealing about motor racing sports, ie F1, bikes, rallying and such? Is it just their precision and control over the vehicles?
What makes one racer particularly interesting to watch and another average or boring?
I respect the racers and the sports but just can't get into them- maybe I just need to read up on the tactics and that. Same deal with the tour de france actually, maybe it's just not something for me.
I don't know, I kind of grew up with F1. Somewhat everyone in my family watches it. Tell me about football or cycling and I wouldn't give a dwarf though- they just don't interest me. Then again, neither do those American sports. I just can't understand that 'close-racing' crap.
(10-26-2011, 01:42 PM)Maddolis link Wrote: Not trolling or anything, but what is it that you guys find appealing about motor racing sports, ie F1, bikes, rallying and such? Is it just their precision and control over the vehicles?
What makes one racer particularly interesting to watch and another average or boring?
I respect the racers and the sports but just can't get into them- maybe I just need to read up on the tactics and that. Same deal with the tour de france actually, maybe it's just not something for me.
I have a pation for cars and was going to be a mechanic, I work in automotive just not fixing them, and my dad used to race while I was growing up and I used to help him till he broke his tail bone and had to give it up, and I have always watched different types of motor sport IE: F1,Moto Gp, V8 Supercars, Drifting aint racing persae but I love it, Rally is ok in small doses, and many more I love :)