Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Post your computr spec here!
(01-12-2009, 08:55 PM)Hitman link Wrote: Operation system: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
Language: GERMAN
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 (4x 2.83GHz @ 4x 3.6GHz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3 Intel P45 Chipset
Memory: 8192MB  DDR2-800 Ram Kingston CL5
DirectX: 10.0 + Shader Model 4.0
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 640GB
PSU: Enermax Pro82+ 525W
Case: Antec Nine Hundred

are 3,6 max freq you reach on cpu?

have you overclock the video card something?
No, its not the max frequency.  thats how far i get with the boxed standard cooler and standard core voltage.

If i would want to go higher i had to increase vore voltage, that means my CPU would get a bit more hot (now its 58°C under load, it gets to a critical area over 78°C so i have much space for overclocking left), but with higher voltage i guess the boxed cooler would turn more noisy and i do not want that.

ATM 3.6GHz is max for me, because i dont want to buy a new CPU cooler. I'll get one for my birthday soon, and im sure i can reach the 4x 4GHz.

My CPU runs like this atm:  FSB 423, Multiplicator: 8.5.  423*8.5 = 3600MHz.

My motherboard goes up to 540FSB before its getting errors, so i could overclock my CPU max. to 4,6GHz, but i doubt that any cooler would keep this cool and quiet.

Im fine with my 3.6GHz and with a new cooler (Noctua NH-U12P, best one atm) im getting easily to 4GHz.

-----

My GTX 260 is overclocked a  bit, not too much, because im not a professional with video card bios', so i dont want to fuck the card up.
(01-15-2009, 04:09 PM)Hitman link Wrote: No, its not the max frequency.  thats how far i get with the boxed standard cooler and standard core voltage.

If i would want to go higher i had to increase vore voltage, that means my CPU would get a bit more hot (now its 58°C under load, it gets to a critical area over 78°C so i have much space for overclocking left), but with higher voltage i guess the boxed cooler would turn more noisy and i do not want that.

ATM 3.6GHz is max for me, because i dont want to buy a new CPU cooler. I'll get one for my birthday soon, and im sure i can reach the 4x 4GHz.

My CPU runs like this atm:  FSB 423, Multiplicator: 8.5.  423*8.5 = 3600MHz.

My motherboard goes up to 540FSB before its getting errors, so i could overclock my CPU max. to 4,6GHz, but i doubt that any cooler would keep this cool and quiet.

Im fine with my 3.6GHz and with a new cooler (Noctua NH-U12P, best one atm) im getting easily to 4GHz.

-----

My GTX 260 is overclocked a  bit, not too much, because im not a professional with video card bios', so i dont want to fuck the card up.

Okey, i hope your cpu can handle those high fsb aswell with new cooler. Mine did not,
i've a e2140 1,6ghz.
387 or something is max on my fsb. And it doesn't respond on more voltage either. Standard voltage is 1,32 or something.. To get 3,10 i had to go on 1,47.

I've test 1,60v but cant go any higher on fsb anyway so.

Is it possable to increase voltage on gtx 260 bios?

It was not in hd4870, but i did flash my bios anyway to a Asus top OC. Just because of better fan settings. It's more noicy now but its much cooler then with the old bios so.

I've try pencil mod. But i didn't feel any diffrent. I'm planing to hardware voltmod later. Maybe get some water cooling and try reach 1ghz on gpu :P that would be cool. I've reach 820mhz now.
Yeah, you can edit the bios of nvidia cards with the tool NiBiTor.

Download link: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Video...itor.shtml

Well, be careful with editing your bios, you will lose your factory warranty etc..

PS: My Q9550 has a standard coltage of 1.23750, and its running at 3.6GHz with 1.24V  24h prime-stable, i tested it alot with different prime95 tests, cinema 4D owning all 4 cores, 3D mark vantage in highest options etc, so i could go sure that its 100% stable.

So my core voltage is increased by 0.00250 to make 3.6GHz stable, thats okay. For 45nm CPUs of Intel you shouldnt give more than 1.4V in 24/7 or 1.45 in normal usage.
i dont know much but lemme make it simple:

duel core processor 2.20 each
256 mb graphics card+ 3 pixel shader 
2 gb ram
250 gb hard disk

nothing more :P  8)7