Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Adding an external HDD to the home network
I thought it was "admin" (no capital)?
Meh fuck that shit. I happened to do something wrong and it blew the entire internet connection somehow. Had to reinstall that piece of shit router.
I'll leave it alone for now. This is too fucking retarded to work properly it seems. I might try again tomorrow or so.
Default user and pass is "admin", if not, your ISP has setten up the pass for you, so it would just be the ISP's name as a pass, admin as a user I guess.
I don't think you're going to get this working.

When you set up a network on a PC, you have to set up a new network manually (homegroup will only detect other computers running windows 7, I think) by going into the network setup and creating a new network. I can't think of any way you can do that on an external hard drive, unless you can do it by plugging it into your PC, but I still can't see how.

So I reckon that because it's not an actual Network HDD (if it was, it should work as soon as you plug it in) you're gonna have alot of trouble getting it to work.

Your best bet is plugging it into the router via USB, like someone suggested above. I wouldn't try and set it up unless you know what you're doing, though. You'll probably find how to do it either on your ISPs website (if they have a help or FAQ section) or just by googling it.
(09-18-2010, 09:43 PM)Strika link Wrote: Default user and pass is "admin", if not, your ISP has setten up the pass for you, so it would just be the ISP's name as a pass, admin as a user I guess.

Your ISP has nothing to do with your router... unless you purchased or rented one from them. As for D-link as he mentioned the pass is definitely "admin" but it seems he already made it in.
(09-20-2010, 09:46 AM)Danny link Wrote: When you set up a network on a PC, you have to set up a new network manually (homegroup will only detect other computers running windows 7, I think) by going into the network setup and creating a new network. I can't think of any way you can do that on an external hard drive, unless you can do it by plugging it into your PC, but I still can't see how.
Exactly what I meant that it's not going to work with homegroup and that he should try and set a network for that HDD.
(09-20-2010, 09:51 AM)xbluexfoxx link Wrote: Your ISP has nothing to do with your router... unless you purchased or rented one from them. As for D-link as he mentioned the pass is definitely "admin" but it seems he already made it in.
Jesus Christ, can you seriously stop stylin on me, it's getting annoying. I am trying to help him and to discuss, isn't that what the forums are for? All you're doing is commenting on my every post, finding something to troll on and then just being an asshole by making every post of mine, look wrong.
My router has been set up by a person from my ISP that lives near by, it happened that he set it up because I have a fiber optic connection, a modem and a wireless router and that router did not have default password, it was the password the staff from ISP has setten up. My router isn't made by my ISP either, it's Netgear.

Excuse my grammar and such, I had very little sleep and a long day.
I've got shit working but not on wireless. Anyway, this topic may get closed guys. I've got some help from a family member who's specialized in networking and stuff.

Thanks for the replies though.