Las Venturas Playground
Football Topic - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: Football Topic (/thread-21375.html)

Re: Happy Birthday Kenny Dalglish! - Ben - 03-05-2010

(03-04-2010, 09:06 PM)XiZ link Wrote:what? fu, celtic > rangers anytime

also, happy birthday dalglish
Get fucked. What was the score last week?  :)

Re: Happy Birthday Kenny Dalglish! - Munch - 03-05-2010

(03-04-2010, 09:06 PM)XiZ link Wrote:what? fu, celtic > rangers anytime

52 titles, 33 Scottish Cups, 25 League Cups and 1 "Winner's Cup" says otherwise.

Plus them green cunts stole our You'll Never Walk Alone and claim they had it first when they got it like 20-30 years after us.

Here's a funny video for you! (And another poke at XiZ)

Wayne Bridge Rejects John Terry's Handshake

Re: Football Topic - XiZ - 03-05-2010

ive seen that already. my comment on it is that its quite normal in this case. would you handshake a guy who did your girlfriend? :?

Re: Football Topic - Munch - 03-05-2010

(03-05-2010, 06:54 PM)XiZ link Wrote:ive seen that already. my comment on it is that its quite normal in this case. would you handshake a guy who did your girlfriend? :?

I've seen it too loads of times.

And no I wouldn't handshake a guy who did my girlfriend, but that's not the point of the video. The way he just walks on and rejects Terry.

Bridge needs to get a grip though. It's his wife's fault just as much as it is Terry yet nothing gets said about her. (And yes, I'm actually sort of on Terry's side in this case, simply because I hate Ferdinand as captain).

By demoting Terry, Capello is mixing personal business with professional business. What Terry did wasn't good, but it had absolutely nothing to do with football or the England squad except that it was the wife of a player who won't even be in the World Cup.

Re: Football Topic - 8Ball - 03-05-2010

The England captain is supposed to be a role model and a leader, I doubt most of the team or young fans see John Terry as a role model after the affair. I guess Rio isn't a role model either after missing drug tests.
Rooney for captain  :P

(03-05-2010, 07:41 PM)8Ball link Wrote:The England captain is supposed to be a role model and a leader, I doubt most of the team or young fans see John Terry as a role model after the affair.

True but it had nothing to do with football and he's a much better captain than Ferdinand.

(03-05-2010, 07:41 PM)8Ball link Wrote:I guess Rio isn't a role model either after missing drug tests.

Indeed. Preferring an 8 month ban over a drug test is hardly something people would want representing their country in a competition like the World Cup.

(03-05-2010, 07:41 PM)8Ball link Wrote:Rooney for captain  :P

I've been saying the same thing actually. The only problem is Rooney is too far up front to captain a team. If he's looking out for his team he's not concentrating on scoring, and if he's determined to score he's not concentrating on his team.

Gerrard or Lampard at the moment are the best candidates for captain I think. Both talented midfielders and natural leaders. And besides that little case where Gerrard punched someone, both of them are pretty clean players and fans of both of their clubs look up to them.

Theo Walcott won't make a good captain now but give him time and he could be a good one.

Re: Football Topic - _Ivan_ - 03-05-2010

fa cup tomorrow, post your opinion about matches, I might put some money on fulham tho

(03-05-2010, 09:27 PM)_Ivan_ link Wrote:fa cup tomorrow, post your opinion about matches, I might put some money on fulham tho

My predictions:

Saturday:

Fulham v Tottenham  (2-1) - Danny Murphy to score if he's playing.
Portsmouth (DEAD!) vs Birmingham (1-1) - It'll be a 1-1 draw then Portsmouth will win the replay. Really hope they don't face liquidation.

Sunday:

Chelsea vs Stoke (3-2) - Would like it to be the other way round though.
Reading vs Aston Villa (1-2) - Tough call. Reading are doing well, but so are Villa.

Oh and, while Munching about on Facebook I thought, wonder if any Man U fans want Fergie sacked. I searched for groups on it, and came by this:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=50454245381&ref=search&sid=629986618.2489671263..1#!/group.php?v=info&ref=search&gid=50454245381

Quote:WE WANT FERGIE OUT, LES REID IN! FERGIE HAS DONE NOTHING FOR MAN UTD, NO MAJOR TROPHYS NO REAL PRESTIGE. HES BROUGHT IN HALF WITS AND DEVELOPED 0 PLAYERS, SOLD ROY CARROL :o AND LET QUINTON FORTUNE GO... THATS JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG, MAN UTD IS SUFFICATING UNDER HIM, AND WE NEED A NEW BOSS, LES REID AS MANAGER, FREDDY SHEPPARD AS DIRECTOR OF FOOTBALL, AVRAM GRANT AS CONSULTANT, GLENN ROEDER AS TECHNICAL DIRECTOR AND GAVIN PEACOCK AS SPORTING DIRECTOR AND ROBERT MUGABE AS LORD TREASURER, WHAT A BACKROOM

Hahaha some Man U fan he is. 24 years as manager and no major trophies, devloped no players and stuff...he's had about 35 different honours under Man U alone (including 2 Champions Leagues and 2 UEFA Cups). I don't particularly like him but there's no denying he's a great manager.

Re: Football Topic - _Ivan_ - 03-06-2010

Roma - Milan 2 ( Quote is 2,97, all bet houses raised quotes today on Milan, it's very likely he will win coz he need points for 1st place fight. so as Juve )

easy money

Re: Football Topic - XiZ - 03-06-2010

id say Carragher, Gerrard or Lampard. Although I'd like a defender to be a captain, an older one like Terry/Ferdinand/Carragher.